Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2015

The last few weeks..


These past few weeks have been wonderful. I love these two little girls so much.Yesterday marked 3 weeks since Myla was born! I can't  believe how fast that went and  how much she has changed just looking at these pictures. I love having a newborn in the house.

One week old

Ellie loves to hold her (it doesn't last too long before she starts crying). 

xt






Myla has been such a sweet baby. She is so alert and has been giving us little smiles since day one. I am really trying to soak in these moments and it still feels like they are going to fast! 
Ismael has been so busy with work. He leaves around 6-6:30 am and gets home between 5:30-7 at night. He helps out with the girls when he gets home. I am so grateful for him. Poor dad will never catch up on sleep!


My mom flew in on August 1st and stayed with us for a week. I miss her so much already. She has been doing a lot of traveling this past year, and has not had good luck with her flights. Everything went great with this flight, except Ismael went to the wrong airport to pick her up! I do not know how we miscommunicated that, but luckily it didn't take him too long to get to the other airport. 

It was so nice to have my mom here. She helped me so much with the girls. She took Myla late at night when she was fussy and got up early with Ellie so I could get some extra sleep. Ellie is our 5 am alarm clock. EVERY DAY. I am definitely feeling a little more sleep deprived this week with my mom gone.  


Myla loves her baths. She is so peaceful and makes the cutest faces while she is in the water. 









Ellie hasn't been sleeping very well since Myla has come home. It has been taking her forever to go to sleep at night and calm down. Even her naps are really awful. I feel bad because I haven't been very patient, and it is a lot harder when I am tired. We have probably broken all the parenting rules and have tried everything to get her to stay in her bed from threatening to shut the doors and putting her outside with the snakes. Horrible, I know. 



While my mom was here, she made us so much good food and filled our freezer. It was great. She made us her chicken noodle soup and roast and potatoes. She also made us homemade bread for the freezer, french bread, buns, chicken rollups, blueberry muffins, and peach cobbler. SO good! Thanks mom!!

I love Ismael so much! He is an amazing dad to these little girls. I know I say that a lot, but I really couldn't be any more grateful for him! 






It was so nice to just have company at home for a week. Mom brought her Love Comes Softly movies and we watched those all weeks. It is way to hot here to go out. We would get out some mornings for a little bit, and that was even pushing it. We also ate way too many treats, which will remain unnamed. 
Mom sewed the girls blankets too. I forgot to get a picture, but they are so adorable. 




I am so grateful that Mom was able to come visit me, even though she has had a lot of her own challenges these past few months. She is amazing. 



Myla's hair is so fluffily after her baths! 

Ellie loves dressing up. She changes her clothes at least five times a day. She found her old ladybug costume and wanted to dress Myla up. 


I got out the other morning for a little walk with the girls while it was still semi-cool. It was so nice to be out of the house for a little bit. 

Myla loved being in her carrier and was so alert the whole time. 



I love my crazy days with these girls! Even though most of the time I barely have time to get myself ready. 


I caught one of Myla's smiles yesterday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com