Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Ellie's Birthday

Ellie turned 3 on June 28th. She was so excited for her birthday! I really can't believe it has been three years. It seems like yesterday she was born but also feels like it was a lifetime ago. 


We love this little girl so much! She has the best imagination, and will pretend and be in her own little world all day. She loves to dress up in any pretty dress and dance. She loves games, can read books for hours, and loves her friends. Lately she has become very independent, and wants to do everything all by herself, including picking out her clothes and shoes. This has become a big battle every time we need to leave the house. 

Ellie loves to talk. During lunch, we have our "talk time". She will tell me about her day and anything she wants to. I love this! She really loves the one on one attention and asks me a few times a day if we can sit down and talk. These have been some special moments for me, and I love to see what she comes up with to talk about. 


With so many doctors appointments, tests, and procedures this year, Ellie has remained a champ! She always tries to stay so positive, and loves all of her doctors. I am very proud of her for being so brave. 

Ellie's spirit is very sweet. She loves to learn the stories in her Book of Mormon reader (although I think the stories scare her a little). She also loves our FHE's on Monday. Lately she has been a little wild during them, and we have felt like she hasn't listened at all, but then we hear her talking about the things that we taught her later and realize just how much she picks up from everything around her.


She is constantly making me laugh. A while ago she got out a paper and pen. She told me that she was writing a letter to her doctor. We asked her what she was writing. She said that she wrote, "I love you and am obedient to my parents". For her birthday, she really wanted a piggy bank so she could "save money like mommy." I asked her what she wanted to save her money for. " A new car!" Yikes. I told her that she needs to be older to drive a car, but she can start saving now. She replied, "I need to be Cayden and Dylan's age?" 


Ellie is SO excited to be a big sister, and she will be a great one! She can't wait to help change the diapers, put the binky in, hold her baby sister, and play with her. 

I am forever grateful that I am her mom. I have had the best (and some very trying) experiences, and have really learned more about the love Heavenly Father has for us. Motherhood is great. 


Ellie woke up early on the morning of her Birthday. We had her birthday sign set up, balloons, and some gifts for her. I made some waffles for breakfast and then she opened up gifts. She first opened up her card from Grandma Polly. After that, she thought all of her gifts were from Grandma. 
Since it was Sunday, Ismael had meetings and then we went to church. 




After church and nap, we had friends over for cake and ice cream. We had a great time! 








Ellie and Flora. These girls have been friends for more than a year now. They are exact opposites in looks and personality, so it is fun to watch them be together. 



After all of the hoopla, reading one of her new books with Dad. 


We forgot to get a picture of her blowing out her candles when everyone was there, so we did it again that night. 



Happy Birthday to our sweet 3 year old!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com