Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Utah/Idaho Trip

Ellie and I traveled to Utah and Idaho for two weeks in April. We were originally going to go in March, but changed our tickets for April because Chrissy was going to be there also. We had such a good time visiting family! 

Ismael dropped us off at the airport early on the 14th. Our flight left by 6 am. It was quite the feat to get through security and figure out how to bring all of Ellie's medical equipment. Luckily, they gave Ismael a pass to help me get through security and to my gate. It was so hard to say goodbye to him. I was not expecting the emptiness I felt as we left! My dad picked us up from the airport. Ellie was so excited to see Grandpa! She loved riding in his big truck and being able to see everything. It feel so weird to be back in Utah, since it had been a year and a half since I had visited. 


Ellie loved the fun playhouse at Grandpas. 

Meeting the new baby kitty. 

That afternoon, a huge snow storm came through! Apparently it was the biggest storm they had the whole winter. We even lost power for a few hours. 


The next day I met up with Holly and her kids in Salt Lake. We did some shopping and then went and walked around Temple Square with the kids. It was wet and cold, so we went mostly in the visitors centers. 





Leslie took the next day off of work and we went to the aquarium in Sandy. It was awesome! Poor Ellie was terrified of the sharks and pretty much anything behind the glass where it was dark. 



We had a get together at my dads with Scott and Sarah, Holly, Chrissy and Jared, and Grandma. 








The kids played outside all day Saturday and even got to go on a four wheeler ride!


We went to Reagan's baby blessing on Sunday. It was a beautiful day. After, we went over to the Phelps for  a luncheon. So happy that Reagan is a part of this family! She is the sweetest.


Later that afternoon I rode with Holly and her kids up to Idaho. It is so fun to be at Grandma's house! 

We had a lot of fun at my moms house all week. We took the kids to the zoo one day.
Love my mom. 






Brother Pena, from my mom's ward, took us over and gave us a tour of the new fire station in Shelley. 



The kids had a lot of fun park time. 






We went out to lunch one day with my Aunt Bonnie, Aunt Shirley, Anna, Amy, Megan, Taylor Clayton, and some of their kids. It was fun to catch up with them. Ellie loved the beans! Takes after her dad. 

We went and saw MacFarland USA with my mom and Brent. Loved this movie! 



We rode back to Utah and my dad took us to the airport. 



On our way back home to Texas! So glad I was able to visit family and friends! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com