Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ellie, Our Miracle


This is a video I made about Ellie's journey in the NICU. You can watch it if you are wondering a little bit more of her story and what she went through. It doesn't include everything that happened, just the basics. If I could change one thing, I would have kept a journal everyday while she was in the NICU so I could remember everything that happened. 




I can't watch this video without crying because this was a very difficult time for us, but also a very sweet time. We experienced countless blessings, miracles, angels attending us, and our testimony was greatly strengthened on the power of prayer, not only helping Ellie, but helping us. 

We met so many wonderful families in the NICU, and gained so many friends. Everyone has a different story, but yet we all felt so bonded. I am grateful to stay in contact with so many of those moms. My heart has ached for so many of them, and my heart aches for those still in the hospital and those who never got to bring their child home. 

This year, I truly feel like I have a new perspective on life. As I reflect on 2012, my heart is full. I don't think there has been a year where I have seen so many tender mercies. I am grateful for experiences that bring us closer together, and help us learn to rely and put our complete trust in the Lord. We still have a long road ahead, but I know we can get through anything. 

4 comments:

  1. wonderful video! still in our prayers over here! hoping everything is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This video made me cry! You are such a strong mama and have such a great family. You are all examples to our little family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little sweetheart! Thanks for sharing we just love that little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does not seem fair that people have to face such hard challenges. As I saw the pictures of you and your husband throughout the whole thing, I was extremely impressed that you were able to keep smiles on your faces. So grateful to have the gospel in our lives and so glad that you have it in yours as well. Hopefully Ellie can continue to improve!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com