Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Ellie at 5 months

Where has the time gone? I can't believe it is December already! We had a good Thanksgiving and did some fun other things that I will be posting about later. 

I tried to take some pictures for Ellie's five month birthday. I'm just really not a photographer but I tried! And I think she looks cute no matter what!



Some pictures in her blessing dress







Ellie has come really far this month health-wise and developmentally. We have started to hear her laugh through her trach sometimes which we just love!  She is more active and strong. 

-She loves to watch baby Einstein in the mornings while I get her ready. It helps her get through the trach and g-tube dressing changes. 

-Loves to hang out with her dad when he gets home from work

-Still loves attention all of the time and loves songs. Likes to always be a part of what is going on.

-Is growing like a weed! At least it seems like it to me. We put her on our bathroom scale the other night (not really accurate at all) and she came out around 11 pounds. And she seems so long!

- She loves everything in her mouth, which is so good! We are happy that she has gotten over a lot of her oral aversion. 

- She is just such a joy to be around. I feel so lucky that I get to take care of her every day and watch her change and overcome things and improve! She has been put through a lot!

We are going to be starting speech therapy with her soon to help her start to eat. She will need a swallow study before she is approved to eat by mouth. It can be a long process because she has never eaten by mouth and has to learn those skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com